Mining engineering, with its immense potential, is among the best courses in India. There is a huge need for mining engineers in India because of the abundance of mineral resources in India. More environmentally friendly methods of mining are coming, and mining engineers are best suited for the practical implementation of these new-age technologies.
There are a variety of colleges in Orissa that are offering B.Tech in Mining Engineering. These popular institutes take all the upcoming developments into consideration while designing their course curriculum.
Check out some of the best engineering colleges in Orissa, which are offering Bachelor of Technology degrees in Mining Engineering.
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
NIT Rourkela is a national institution sponsored by the Government of India that provides cutting-edge technical education. It is considered to be a university and is run by the Board of Governors of the Society of the National Institute of Technology (Rourkela). NIT Rourkela is regarded by the Government of India as a Premier Institution of Repute.
- The candidate needs to clear 10+2 examinations from a government recognized educational board with at least 50% marks and science with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Need to qualify the JEE Main Exam
- Candidates have to appear and qualify for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) exam
- Aspirants will have to apply for JOSAA for the joint admission process, where they will have to fill in the selection for the programs and institutes they want to choose.
- Final admission to NIT Rourkela will be offered at the Rourkela National Institute of Technology following verification of documentation and payment of fees.
Government College of Engineering, Keonjhar
The Government College of Engineering, Keonjhar, was established in the mid-nineties with mining engineering as the only course. It is only the Government College that provides engineering and technical education in North Orissa. It was declared a constituent college of Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Orissa, in 2006 by the Government of Orissa.
- The candidate need to pass the 10+2 examination with PCM from a government recognized board
- Admission requirements for Undergraduate Engineering Programs are only guided by the scores of JEE-Main or OJEE
The admission process for the Government College of Engineering, Keonjhar, is strictly regulated by the Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) board.
Bhubaneswar Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar Institute of Industrial Technology is a trusted and well-recognized engineering college. The institute offers a wide variety of AICTE-approved academic courses and programs and is affiliated with the Biju Patnaik University of Technology.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and need to obtain 40 percent marks.
- Need to clear the JEE Main/ OJEE.
- Admission to B.Tech in Mining Engineering is offered based on their valid scores in the JEE Main/OJEE
Centurion University of Technology and Management
The Centurion University of Technology and Management, Bhubaneswar, was founded in August 2010. The university offers AICTE approved B. Tech in Mining Engineering courses.
- Need to pass 10+2 examination with science stream from government recognized educational board with at least 50% marks
- Need to clear the JEE Main/WBJEE/EAMCET or Centurion University Entrance Examination (CUEE)
- Based on their valid scores in the JEE Main/WBJEE/EAMCET or Centurion University Entrance Examination (CUEE), candidates are offered admission to B.Tech in Mining Engineering programs.
Adarsha College of Engineering, Angul
Adarsha College of Engineering is a multi-disciplinary institution that offers a range of courses in emerging fields that are directly related to economic growth and social development. Most programs are a balanced mix of traditional and career-oriented courses.
- Need to pass 10+2 examination with science stream from government recognized board with at least 50% marks
- Need to clear the JEE Main/ OJEE
- The admission process for the Adarsha College of Engineering is done based on the ranking of the Orissa Joint Entrance Examination.